Lt. Kevin Calhoun
Buncombe County Sheriff's Office
Elder Law Attorney
Patla, Straus, Robinson, & Moore, P.A.
C&C Senior Services at 828.400.4541
For free, confidential help any time of the day.
What is TRIAD?
TRIAD is a national partnership among law enforcement, older adults, and those providing services to seniors. TRIAD's focus is to reduce the criminal victimization of older citizens. They work to decrease unwarranted fear of crime and improve the safety and quality of life for seniors. See our Calendar of Upcoming Events.
Who are the TRIAD partners?
Buncombe County - Asheville Fire Department, Asheville Police Department, Buncombe County DSS, Buncombe County Older Adults, Buncombe County Sheriff's Department, Council on Aging of Buncombe County, Inc., Land of Sky Regional Council, NC Highway Patrol, and various other community partners. More partners are welcome - and needed.
Henderson County - Council on Aging for Henderson County, DSS Henderson County Adult Protective Services, Fletcher Police Department, Hendersonville Police Department, Henderson County Sheriff's Department, Laurel Park Police Department, HOPE RX, Land of Sky Regional Council, Pharmacies, Elder Law Attorneys, Hospital Home Health, Senior Service Providers and Non-Profits, Banks, Insurance Companies, In-Home Care, Assisted Living Facilities. More partners are welcome, and needed.
- Western North Carolina's older population is growing rapidly. Most older persons live at home, many alone.
- Preventing victimization through information and support can make a significant difference.
- Only by working together can law enforcement, social services, and community leaders protect our valued seniors.
What can TRIAD do?
- TRIAD will sponsor educational outreach to inform seniors of frauds, scams, exploitation and abuse as well as reassurance and assistance programs.
- When other organizations join in the TRIAD activities, area seniors can do a better job of protecting themselves, their families, neighbors and friends.
- Older persons will get to know those who serve and protect them.
- Professionals will deal more effectively with elder issues.
- Trust levels will increase, and older adults will feel safer.
- Seniors who participate in the process will contribute to the success of TRIAD.
Who to contact?
Buncombe County - For more information, contact Ruth Price, Land of Sky Regional Council's Lead Ombudsman at 828.251.6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Like us on Facebook!
Henderson County - For more information, contact Curt Crowhurst, C&C Senior Services at 828.400.4541 or email@example.com. Like us on Facebook!
Protect Yourself! Scammers often try to rush you into making a decision or try to scare you to get what they want. Don't fall for their tricks!! Never give out personal or account information to people you don't know and trust.
Below are two brochures on the different types of scams and how to identify them. Help keep your community safe, report suspicious calls and emails. Not sure what to do? Dial 2-1-1.
Buncombe County Brochure
|Reporting a Scam in Buncombe County
|Asheville Police Department
|Biltmore Forest Police Department
|Black Mountain Police Department
|Buncombe County Sheriff's Office
|Weaverville Police Department
|Woodfin Police Department
Henderson County Brochure
|Reporting a Scam in Henderson County
|Fletcher Police Department
|Laurel Park Police Department
|Hendersonville Police Department
|Henderson County Sheriff's Office
|Forward Suspicious Email
|Not sure what to do? Call Council on Aging for Henderson County