As a business, what can the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board do for you?
The Board offers an extensive menu of services for businesses in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison & Transylvania counties. These services include:
- Job Order Fulfillment - Recruitment, Screening & Referral of Qualified Job Candidates
- Job Skills Profiling - In-depth Analysis of the Foundational Skills Necessary to Perform a Specific Job
- Skills Assessments (WorkKeys®) and Skill Building Tutorials (Career Ready 101)
EEO & ADA Compliant when Linked to Job Skills Profile
- SkillCheck is a computer program that measures a person's skill level with specific computer software, such as MS Word and Excel. It also measures math, spelling, data entry, and keyboarding speed
- On-the-Job Training is a program which reimburses your company 50% or more of eligible candidate's wages during training
- Incumbent Workforce Training Grants - up to $10,000 to Train Existing Employees
- Workforce/Economic & Labor Market Data Analyses - Customized Reports
- Point of Contact for Business Information & Services Available in the Region
- Rapid Response Services for Business Layoffs, Closures, Openings, Expansions and Mass Hires.
- Virtual or staff assisted recruitment based on skills matching through NCWorks
- Use our facilities to conduct Employer Interview Days
Most of our services are available at no cost. For more information, please contact the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board's Business Services Representative at (828) 251-6622.
This program can significantly reduce your costs in hiring and training qualified workers. It works like this:
- Applicants are pre-screened and matched to your specific needs.
- You interview and make your own selection from a group of motivated applicants.
- Based on information you provide on the training process, we write a training plan.
- There is little to no paperwork for you to keep up with, we'll take care of that.
- We reimburse your company for up to 50% of the worker's wages during training.
SkillCheck is a computer program that measures a person's skill level with specific computer software, such as MS Word and Excel. It also measures math, spelling, data entry, and keyboarding speed. Once the test is completed, results are displayed in a graphic bar chart format. Information provided includes percent correct and interpretive descriptions that identify if the person's skills fall into the Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced categories.
We can assist with other forms of business services upon request.