WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- Land of Sky Regional Council's Board of Delegates would like to welcome our new Affiliate Members: Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College and Mars Hill University.
- The 2016 - 2017 Henderson County Senior Services Directory is now available online.
- The Mountain Area Workforce Development Board is seeking comments on the Regional and Local Workforce Development Area Plan. Send comments to Nathan Ramsey, MAWDB Director by June 6, 2016. Click here for the full Plan and Attachments.
- Land of Sky Regional Council invites qualified independent auditors having sufficient governmental accounting and auditing experience in performing an audit in accordance with the specifications outlined in the attached Request for Proposal (RFP) to submit a proposal. By May 20, 2016, please acknowledge via e-mail the receipt of this request and your intent to respond with a proposal. If you need to clarify questions concerning this RFP, please contact Vickie Thomas, Finance Director, via e-mail or phone (828-251-7470). Thank you for your interest. Click here for the full RFP.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Services (RSVP) Program has closed. For volunteer opportunties other than the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program, contact Hands On Asheville Buncombe, Volunteer Transylvania, or 2-1-1. Thank you to all the volunteers that served under RSVP!
- Carol McLimans received the first annual Trail Blazer Award on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at a luncheon ceremony at Land of Sky Regional Council. The award is given annually to a professional in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, or Transylvania Counties who is a pioneer and innovator in the field of aging and adult services. Full Press Release
- Coming Home: A Local Contact Agency (LCA) and Community Resource Eventwill be held at Land of Sky offices on April 21 from 9:30 am -2 pm. Click here for more information and how to register.
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
The Buncombe County and the Aging Coordinating Consortium (ACC) is seeking proposals and funding applications from agencies and organizations to provide aging services in conjunction with the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services’ Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) Program, as well as for supplemental funds provided by Buncombe County for aging services. The funding period is July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Click here for the full Public Notice.
- The Foster Grandparent Program celebrates it's 50th Anniversary.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved