WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
Land of Sky Regional Council is seeking a motivated individual to fill a permanent Regional Transportation Planner position. The position is responsible for kicking off a new Regional Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program for the Land of Sky Region. They will also work with the Economic and Community Development Department to complete various transportation, land use, workforce development, and technical assistance work to member governments. Click here for more details and how to apply.
The Buncombe County and the Aging Coordinating Consortium (ACC) is seeking proposals and funding applications from agencies and organizations to provide aging services in conjunction with the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services’ Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) Program, as well as for supplemental funds provided by Buncombe County for aging services. The funding period is July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Click here for the full Public Notice.
- The Area Agency on Aging is seeking your input as we develop our 2016-2020 Area Aging Plan. We are specifically interested in information about the needs of older adults, caregivers, and persons with disabilities within our region: Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties. Area Plan Survey
- The Foster Grandparent Program celebrates it's 50th Anniversary.
- The 2015 Land of Sky Annual Report is now available.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Celebrates New Alternative Fuel Equipment for Use by Park and Visitors - GRSM Becomes First National Park to Install Public Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Equipment - Press Release
- Land of Sky and collaborating partners are hosting a Caregivers and Depression: A Silent Health Crisis forum. Learn how to be a part of the solution. The event will be on Friday, November 6th at Land of Sky. There is no cost to attend. Click here to register.
- Land of Sky is partnered with the Local Government Federal Credit Union is host a Shred and Protect event for Buncombe County residents at Land of Sky's Parking Lot on June 12 from 11 am - 2 pm. The event was a huge success, shredding 3,400 lbs!
- Mountain Area Local Workforce Development Area's Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Plan - Program Year 2015/16 - is now available for public comment.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved