WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
The ARC State Investment Fact Sheets are now available! North Carolina Fact Sheet. Appalachian Region. For all other states click here.
We want to hear from you! To best address internet coverage in the region, we have two short surveys, one for residential use and one for businesses. The information you provide will help us as we look at future possibilities for broadband connections. Click here for the surveys.
Land of Sky Regional Council is seeking applications for a Regional Long Term Care Ombudsman. This position serves as an advocate for residents of long term care facilities, identifying, investigating, and working to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents. Click here for more details, a complete job description and how to apply.
Become a Class Leader for Powerful Tools for Caregivers! Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) is a self-care education program for family caregivers. THe program provides them with tools and strategies to better cope with the challenges they face when caring for a frail family member or friend. The training will be held on May 31 and June 1 from 8 am - 5 pm at Land of Sky. Click the following for more information: PTC Flyer, PTC Training Details, PTC Training Application. Applications must be received by April 20, 2017. Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be notified about their status by April 27.
Request for Proposals for Comprehensive Disaster Recovery, Financial and Grant Management Support, and Pre-Disaster Cost Recovery Planning Services - Click here for more details.
Request for Proposals for Stormwater Control Measure Projects for the Town of Black Mountain - Click here for more details.
SAVE THE DATE - On Thursday, June 15, 2017, the Area Agency on Aging's Ombudsman Program and Buncombe County Health & Human Services will be hosting the Buncombe County World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) Walk. The Walk will take place at Carrier Park from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. For more information contact Julia Gibson at 828.251.6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holiday Collections Drive for Residents in Facilities - Land of Sky's Ombudsman Program, along with agencies, businesses, and volunteers collected, organized, wrapped, delivered gifts for 571 low income residents of Adult Care Homes in Buncombe and Madison counties! A special thank you to the following businesses and individuals outside the CAC Committee who contributed a great deal:
Agencies/Businesses: Buncombe County TRIAD, Blossman Gas, Woodfin YMCA of WNC, ElderLaw Carolina, Patla, Straus, Robinson and Moore, Moore Funeral Home at Forest Lawn, Hanger Hall School, Stone Creek Nursing Home, Vaya Health, Home Trust Bank, Hinds Feet Farm, Dave Steel Company, and Staff of the Area Agency on Aging and Land of Sky Regional Council
Individuals:, Luke Jennings, Bradley Jennings, Ryan Boblett , Len Capodice, Richard Sunshine, John Fisher, and Michael Dipaola
- Land of Sky Regional Council's Board of Delegates would like to welcome our new Affiliate Members: Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College and Mars Hill University.
- The 2016 - 2017 Henderson County Senior Services Directory is now available online.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Services (RSVP) Program has closed. For volunteer opportunties other than the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program, contact Hands On Asheville Buncombe, Volunteer Transylvania, or 2-1-1. Thank you to all the volunteers that served under RSVP!
- Carol McLimans received the first annual Trail Blazer Award on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at a luncheon ceremony at Land of Sky Regional Council. The award is given annually to a professional in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, or Transylvania Counties who is a pioneer and innovator in the field of aging and adult services. Full Press Release
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved